Game prototype is 65% complete!
I lost a couple of work days due to illness…
I managed to get combination actions working (i.e. Jump+Down to drop down from a one-way platform). I may extend this later to allow look-down (using just the down key) to shift the camera a bit further once I learn how to use the view functions.
With the help of YYG Support, I was able to get the HTML5 module working, more on that later, and look for an update to my previous post.
I coded a virtual D-Pad for use on touch-screen devices, and while it works perfectly, I would need to adjust the resolution for it work on mobile devices.
On the business side, I’ve gotten together the required documentation needed to setup my Code Signing Certificate request submitted, and am awaiting verification.
What I’ve Completed This Week
- Wrapped up player movement (combination keys to jump down)
- Got HTML5 Module working
- Got Virtual D-Pad (touch screen support) for mobile devices working
- Got the trap mechanic started, but needs more thought with regard to implementation
- Setup an account on GameJolt (allows me to publish and sell games both in .EXE and HTML5, hosted on their site)
- Received an update on my Code Signing Certificate and provided additional documentation
- Upgraded GMS to v1.9.525
What I’m Working on Next Week
- Complete trap placement mechanic
- Spawn cursor corners, spaced to fit any size trap object
- Spawn/placement sound effects
- Placement coding with checks to verify place is empty (no stacking/placement inside walls etc.)
- Begin work on enemy AI
- Background textures artwork
- Scenery/flavor object artwork
- Continue work on BGM 2, 3 and 4
- Other SFX as needed
- Follow up on Code Signing Certificate
- Digitally sign an .EXE file and test it